Hey y’all. Sure has been a while. So what the hell have I been up to?
I wanted to write a post to remind you all that no, I’m not dead. Since May, quite a few things have happened:
- I applied for a job at TheTinyLife.com, one of the most-read tiny house blogs on the entire Interwebs
- Was accepted to said job at the end of May!
- Realized I had to move to Charlotte, North Carolina, in a month
- Freaked out because I had never been to Charlotte in my entire life
- Finished working at my alma mater as well as the food truck (Goodbye, free Asian food. You will be missed terribly)
- Found someone to fill my room in Boston, and found a new roommate in Charlotte
- Got rid of 80% of my stuff
- Tearfully moved out of my Boston apartment on the Fourth of July
- Stayed at home in Connecticut for a week and got rid of even more stuff, including a lifetime’s accumulation of books (that was very tough)
- Drove down to Charlotte in the middle of July, an 18-hour drive over the course of two days
- Settled in, made friends, explored a new city!
And as far as The Tiny Life, we’ve done some pretty awesome stuff in just five months. We’re currently organizing the third annual Tiny House Conference, which is going to be the biggest and best yet! We’re recording new podcast episodes and gearing up for the re-launch of Tiny House Chat. We also wrote an entire freakin’ book! It was a ton of work, but it was a blast. The book is currently in the design and editing stage, and it will be available for sale in Spring of 2016. And my name is in it! One of my childhood dreams come true.
My new roommate in Charlotte is currently building a tiny house because she is awesome. But more importantly, it’s lit a fire under my own ass to hustle and make my own tiny house dreams a reality. I snagged a part time job cutting produce at a cute little grocery store around the corner from my house, and all the money from that paycheck goes directly into my tiny house savings. If all goes according to plan, I should be ready to start building in March 2017! I also nabbed a paid singing gig at a local church, which can also help me get started more quickly. Things are going really, really well.
I miss this little blog and I hope I can get back into it soon. In the meantime, head over to TheTinyLife.com to read more of my content!